March 4, 2023
Do you tend to cover your mouth when smiling or talking? If so, you are not alone. A recent study conducted by OnePoll revealed that an astounding 57% of Americans cover their mouth when they laugh due to insecurity over their teeth. One in two people will even try to smile with their mouths closed. The good news is that you don’t have to live with crooked or misaligned pearly whites! Thanks to cosmetic dental treatments like Invisalign and veneers, you can confidently grin again. But which one would be best for you? Read on to learn the benefits of each and how to know which one to choose.
The Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign is a very popular orthodontic that can align your teeth discreetly, comfortably, and accurately. It uses a series of custom-made aligners to gradually move your pearly whites into their desired position. Invisalign offers so many benefits, including:
- Removable: Unlike traditional braces, you can take your aligners out. You can continue to enjoy your favorite foods, as well as easily brush and floss.
- Barely noticeable: Invisalign aligners are clear, so they are virtually undetectable by others.
- Comfortable: The aligners are smooth, thin, dental-grade plastic appliances so they are extremely comfortable to wear, especially compared to the metal wires and brackets of traditional braces.
- Corrects various orthodontic issues: Invisalign can correct gapped and crowded teeth, as well as bite and misalignment problems.
The Benefits of Veneers
Veneers are ultra-thin shells of dental porcelain that are bonded to the front surfaces of teeth. They can completely transform your smile in as few as two visits to your dentist! Here are even more benefits:
- Versatility: Veneers can conceal a wide array of dental imperfections, such as stained, chipped, gapped, or discolored teeth.
- Protection: The durable shells of porcelain can provide protection from dental damage, decay, and sensitivity.
- Long-lasting: Veneers can easily last 20 years or more (as long as you maintain a consistent oral health routine).
- Red carpet-ready results: This cosmetic dental treatment turns your smile into a luminous, award-winning smile while also looking completely natural looking!
What’s the Best Option for Your Smile?
While both cosmetic dental treatments are excellent ways to achieve a straighter smile, they are not a good choice for everyone. To fully explore your options and discover which one would be best for your teeth, a consultation with your dentist will be essential. They can give you a thorough examination and evaluate your oral health. From there, they can lead you to the most effective treatment to transform your smile!
About the Author
Dr. Bita Kamali and her team at Parkway Vista Dental keep the smiles of Plano healthy and beautiful. She earned her dental doctorate from the Baylor College of Dentistry and has continued education in a range of dentistry, including veneers and Invisalign. By using advanced dental technology and customized plans, she can help you decide which treatment is best for you. To schedule a consultation, contact her through her website or call (972) 818-1300.