The female dentist Plano trusts is Dr. Bita Kamali at Parkway Vista Dental. She and her team offer comprehensive dental care for patients of all ages -- and we are pleased to accept dental insurance to help make your dental care as affordable as possible. Finding a dentist who is in-network with your plan is key to making the most out of your investment, but how does dental insurance work? And what does your plan cover? Keep reading to learn more -- then request an appointment at Parkway Vista Dental today.
How Does Dental Insurance Work?
The idea of dental insurance is to make the preventive care that keeps your smile healthy more affordable. When your six month checkups and cleanings are free, you are more likely to take advantage of them -- and that means you are more likely to enjoy a stronger, healthier smile over a lifetime, too. Unlike medical insurance, which covers you in the event of a life altering event, dental insurance helps make sure the big problems never occur in the first place.
Some terms you may need to know to understand dental insurance include:
- In-network dentist: A dentist who has come to an agreement with your dental insurance provider to offer certain treatments at a specific discounted price.
- Out-of-network dentist: A dentist who is not obligated to provide care at a reduced rate. You may still receive benefits with an out-of-network dentist, but you have to pay the full amount upfront and wait for a reimbursement later on.
- Premium: The amount of money you pay, usually monthly, in exchange for your insurance benefits.
- Deductible: The amount you are obligated to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance kicks in.
- Annual maximum: The amount up to which your dental insurance has to pay for treatments.
What Does My Insurance Cover?
Most dental insurance plans completely cover two checkups and cleanings annually. Additional preventive services, like dental x-rays, fluoride treatments, and dental sealants, may be fully covered, too. Preventive care usually falls outside of a deductible and is covered no matter what.
Many dental insurance plans cover necessary restorative treatments up to 80%. Crowns and bridges, tooth colored fillings, and dentures are usually eligible for coverage. Some of the very good dental insurance plans partially cover certain cosmetic treatments or orthodontic treatment, too. Find out the specifics of your plan from your provider or from your dentist’s office.
Making the Most Of Your Dental Insurance
If you have dental insurance, visiting a dentist who is in-network with your provider is the best way to ensure you are making the most out of your investment. Then, be sure to schedule two checkups and cleanings annually. Find out from your dentist’s office which covered treatments would benefit your smile the most!
Request an Appointment Today!
Visit the dentist in West Plano for high quality care -- and make it more affordable by filing your dental insurance with us! We’ll help you make the most of your investment by maximizing your benefits. Request an appointment today!