July 6, 2018
A recent study shows that, for one-third of the people you meet, the first thing recognized about you is the condition of your teeth. Thus, smile flaws could trigger a premature judgment about you. Furthermore, the way your teeth look factors into how you feel about yourself. Thankfully, there’s a way to mask such imperfections as gapped, chipped, misaligned and stained teeth with porcelain veneers. As you read on, you’ll learn what they are and how your cosmetic dentist in Plano will use them to deliver the smile of your dreams!
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin shells that are custom-made to fit over the teeth that are visible when you smile. They provide a perfected grin in a natural-looking way, as they come in multiple colors, so they’ll match the shade of your other teeth.
Here’s How the Process Works
The following steps are taken to deliver the smile of your dreams:
- Consultation – Your input is valuable, so you’ll consult with your dentist about the type of look you desire, and the process will be explained to you. Additionally, you’ll be able to see the multiple shades of veneers available, so that the perfect match can be made.
- Preparation – The next step is for your cosmetic dentist to remove a thin layer of enamel. This allows for the veneers to fit naturally over your teeth.
- Bite Impressions – Then bite impressions will be taken that will be sent to a trusted lab to fabricate your new fixtures. While you wait on your permanent set to be created, you’ll be fitted with temporary veneers.
- Final Fitting – When your permanent veneers are ready, you’ll be invited back to your dentist’s office to have them affixed, and you’ll leave looking and feeling like a brand-new person.
How to Care for Your Porcelain Veneers
Once you have a smile that you can be proud of, you want to make it last. Taking these simple steps will help to ensure that:
- Visit your dentist every six months for preventive care.
- Practice excellent oral hygiene, which includes brushing and flossing your teeth at least two times a day.
- Avoid foods and beverages that are known to stain teeth like coffee, tea, tomato sauce, etc.
With the advancements in cosmetic dentistry, you don’t have to settle for an image that isn’t pleasing to you. Porcelain veneers offer a way to enjoy having a beautiful smile in a short time span and will change your life!
To learn more about the process and get on the road to smile perfection, schedule a consultation today.
About the Author
Plano residents have a way to take their smiles to a new level with the expert care of Dr. Bita Kamali. A graduate of Baylor College of Dentistry, she constantly strives to improve her skills and gather more knowledge, which is why she pursues continuing education annually. Dr. Kamali provides expertise in a kind and gentle way at Parkway Vista Dental and can be reached for more information through her website.