June 20, 2017
You graduated from a prestigious university on the East Coast and moved to Dallas to take the promotion of your dreams at a renowned accounting firm. You love the night life and have taken up salsa dancing, you just joined a yoga studio, and you’re making friends while on your quest to find Mr. Right. There’s just one aspect of your new life in The Big D that you haven’t figured out yet: your dentist. You want someone who offers a full range of services, who has a compassionate approach to patient care, and, it would be great if she were a woman, like you. Who should you see? From your description, it sounds like Dr. Bita Kamali at Parkway Vista Dental is the female dentist in Plano who’s right for you. Learn more about her – and how women are changing oral healthcare for the better – in this post.
How Are Female Dentists Different From Male Dentists?
In 2005, women represented only 19% of workforce as dentist, but, in just 10 years, that number has climbed exponentially – we’ve increased our presence in a male-dominated career by 10%. Now that we make up almost 30% of the field, we’re impacting the practice – and our patients – with a perspective that only a woman can provide. Female dentists are different from their male counterparts in the following ways:
- We take into consideration the busy lives of Superwomen – moms, career-women, and those with responsibilities to both their partners, their own parents, and in-laws.
- 56% percent of solo-owned private practices are owned and operated by women. This gives us the ability to set our own hours and avoid bureaucracy, since we’re Superwomen, too – just like you.
- Female dental students in graduate programs tend to graduate in less time than male dental students, showing incredible work ethic and intellectual savvy.
- The average age of female practitioners is younger than that of male dentists – pointing to an innovative female dental workforce that’s focused on providing state-of-the-art treatment and using the latest oral health technology to benefit their patients.
- Dentists who are women tend to work fewer hours than men, which indicates efficiency and the ability to run their practices like a well-oiled machine.
- And, to speak personally on Dr. Kamali, since she’s a mother of two young sons, she strives to treat each person she sees with the warmth, kindness, and patience she gives to her boys.
What Services Does Dr. Kamali Provide?
As your one-stop dental shop for your entire family, Dr. Kamali provides comprehensive services for patients of all ages. Below are just some of her offerings:
- Preventive Dentistry – exams, cleanings, X-rays, dental sealants
- Restorative Dentistry – dental implants, root canal therapy, crowns, extractions
- Cosmetic Dentistry – porcelain veneers, direct bonding, ZOOM! teeth whitening and take-home whitening kits
- Sedation Dentistry – inhalation and oral conscious sedation for dental anxiety and patients with special needs
- TMJ Dysfunction Therapy – solutions to end jaw pain and dysfunction
- Sleep Apnea Treatment – comfortable, customized oral appliance therapy to replace CPAP
So, if you’re looking for a qualified woman dentist in Plano who’ll treat you with the care and respect you deserve, schedule your appointment with Dr. Kamali at Parkway Vista Dental!